It occurred to me that the simple task of duplicating Oracle databases with RMAN also includes a number of tasks that must be completed without fanfare. As I am about to embark on migrating 30+ databases for a client, I thought I’d make my life easier by automating some of this.
I wanted a script that would dynamically generate as many script components as I though useful but mainly:
- duplicate script
- tnsnames.ora entries text file
- listener.ora entries text file
- password file generation script (edit before use)
- srvctl script (edit before use for Oracle home – sed was giving me issues)
- admin directories create script (execute on both exadata nodes)
- database initial init.ora
Ping me if you’re interested in obtaining the scripts.